Monday, July 7, 2008

PROJECT 2 - DESIGN 111


In this project we were given a joint or movement from a part of the human body of which we were to convey the movement of this joint in diagram. From the basis of this starting point we were then guided to construct a small model that also conveyed some form of kinetic movement in relation to our diagram drawings. Moving on from there the final part was to create another diagram linking the first diagram and the model together in a considered way. My approach to this project was to make it as abstract as possible; loosing the relationship to the initial joint I was given (the jaw). In my first diagram I experimented with the range of movements this joint had drawing them at different angles. Then moving onto the construction of the model I first came up with an initial design using card, developing this further and further. The next step was deciding on a material to construct my model. Plaster was of interest to me as I had never used this material before. In the development process I brought in the use of plywood and stainless steel rod. After finishing the model I produced another diagram drawing recording the movement of the model on two views (plan and Elevation). This has been one of my most successful projects. I was very satisfied with amount of work I had put into this project. I spent many hours in the process of developing and refining my model which I believe reflected the craft, detail and thought involved in the final product. I also backed up the model with two accomplished detailed drawings which I also spent a lot of time on.

4 comments:

Trent244 said...

Sup playa sites looking pretty sweet bro good job

peace

Kok Kit Yee Stanley said...

Nice page man..I liked how you made your own custom image.

Unknown said...

very powerful usage of materials.

Jodie Stocker 112 said...

Awesome layout and images :)