Wednesday, July 23, 2008

MATERIALITY...WHY?

plaster and ply model - project 2 - design 111
In this project we were given a joint or movement from a part of the human body of which we were to convey the movement of this joint in diagram and in a model.
My approach to this project was to make it as abstract as possible moving away from the initial joint I was given (the jaw).I constructed two very abstract but detailed drawings relating to movement and restriction and carried this through into my model.This was one of my most enjoyable and successful projects. It gave me the chance to work with materials I had never used before which in this case was plaster. The success of this project was through the detail and time I spent and also the way I used the materiality to my advantage.
Work from other projects can be viewed on Flikr by clicking here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/24166597@N02/

1 comment:

Robert Wigmore said...

Wow your joint project looks cool as. Nice job.
Good on ya putting it up the top it's details are interesting